Joining Softball BC gets you a Membership card and lifetime affiliation that need only be maintained by nominal annual dues. Your membership gets you a host of benefits that far exceed the cost of joining!
Dudley/Spalding/Russell Athletic Rebate Program:
- Dudley Canada is pleased to announce that they have extended their sponsorship agreement with Softball BC through the 2017 season. Dudley is commitment to growing the sport of softball in the province of British Columbia.
- Under this agreement, Dudley has committed to introduce two new synthetic fast pitch softballs in the BC market. The 4A 913Y is a 12” synthetic fast pitch softball with raised seams for better grip in damp weather. It features a COR. 47 with 375lb compression. The 43-712Y is the 11” version with similar specs.
- Dudley is also excited to introduce a new uniform and apparel component to the sponsorship agreement. Dudley along with their parent company Russell Athletic are now official partners of Softball BC.
- Dudley and Russell Athletic are proud to offer a new rebate program for all Softball BC associations. Under this program, associations are entitled to a 5% retail product credit based on all Dudley/Russell Athletic purchases made between January 1st and September 30th.
- The accrued rebate can be used towards Dudley softballs and Russell Athletic non-decorated stock merchandise.
- In order to qualify for the program, Softball BC associations simply submit all Dudley/Russell Athletic invoices to Softball BC’s head office by Oct. 15th. Softball BC will review all invoices and confirm rebate total.
- For more details about this unique opportunity please contact Lesley Rowe or CLICK HERE to download the rebate form.
Softball BC’s accommodation partner, Sandman Hotels, is pleased to offer all members of Softball BC a 10% discount on all bookings (discount taken off best available rate).
The discount program is available at all Sandman Hotels and Sandman Signature Hotels in British Columbia.
For Sandman Hotels please visit: https://sandmanca.mobiusbookingengine.com/
For Sandman Signature Hotels please visit: https://signatureca.mobiusbookingengine.com
In the Corporate Code field please enter SOFTBALLBC to receive your discounted rate.
Canadian Direct Insurance
Canadian Direct Insurance is pleased to partner with Softball BC to provide a special discount and enhanced coverage* to Softball BC members residing in BC on their personal home, tenant, condominium, and townhome insurance.
As a member of Softball BC, you are eligible to receive up to a 10% discount and enhanced* coverage on your personal home, tenant, condominium and townhome insurance with Canadian Direct. For more information, go to http://goo.gl/jqWxCa
*Comprehensive and Premier Policy forms only.
Signing up is simple and convenient:
- For home and auto insurance, simply call 1.888.225.5234 or 604.699.3838 (lower mainland) and speak with a licensed Insurance Advisor.
- Please self-identify that you are a member of the Softball BC group insurance program to ensure you get the best coverage and rates
- For Personal Travel insurance, you can get a quote online here http://goo.gl/jqWxCa
If you have any questions about home, auto or travel insurance please call Canadian Direct Insurance at 1.888.225.5234 or email email@example.com
PROVINCIAL SOFTBALL BC OFFICE
The Provincial B.C. Office is a resource center to deal with all of your softball concerns and needs. Contact us and we will put you in touch with the Softball B.C. Affiliated Association in your area.
Softball B.C. is your direct Liaison with Sport BC, Government, Ministry of Education External Credit Program for Minor Athletes and Umpires; Softball Canada, and the I.S.F. and your way of effecting rule changes in our game.
Local district coordinators are your first contact with Softball BC and they are in a position to assist you with many different matters. Our Coordinators are elected every two years and are responsible to the membership
Tournament publicity is available to our member teams via this web site. If you want your event full then use your membership in Softball BC to advertise it to the world.
A part of your membership with Softball BC we offer a comprehensive Insurance Program covering associations, leagues, participants, executives, and officials. The insurance package includes third party liability, medical and dental coverage and loss of use and accidental death.
Publications such as handbooks, rule books, magazines, League organization manuals, tournament draw books and more are available to help you run your league or tournament in the best way possible. There is also a wide range of publications to help you coach players from kids to adult.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Members have input into rules and administration of the sport of softball not only in BC but to the Western Canadian Association, Softball Canada, and the International Softball Federation at the Softball BC annual General Meeting.
Softball B.C. is committed to an ongoing educational program through National Coaching Certification Program Clinics throughout the province.
Softball BC also offers one of the most comprehensive Officials development and Educational Programs in the country.
An Opportunity to participate in one of the Provincial Championships in a wide variety of categories. Softball BC also send many Provincial Championship winners to Western Canadian and Canadian Championships.
THE KIDSPORT TM FUND
Softball BC advocates the use of the KidSportTM Fund (through Sport BC) to assist those children unable to participate due to financial circumstances.
ATHLETES ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
Softball BC support the Athletes Assistance Program, funded by the Provincial Government, which provides financial assistance to designated athletes who wish to pursue academic studies.
THE PREMIER’S SPORT AWARDS PROGRAM (P.S.A.P)
p.s.a.p is a resource program designed to help teachers and community instructors teach children thier basic sport skills. The p.s.a.p Teaching the Basics SOFTBALL MANUAL provides tools such as scoring sheets, medical forms, and inning trackers – a great reference for the novice or seasoned coach!
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
Softball BC Recognition Program consists of a long list of awards and honors for our athletes, coaches, officials, volunteers and sponsors.
HALL OF FAME
Ongoing Membership Legacy of the Softball BC Hall of Fame and Walk of Fame.
The Gordon McDonald, Margo & Dorene Thoms Scholarship Fund offers four $750 bursaries annually. All registered umpires and their children who are attending a recognized post-secondary institute are eligible to apply.
The Softball BC Newsletter is a forum to increase communication throughout the province for association, coaches, player and umpires.