FIT FOR THE FUTURE!
Dear Softball BC Members,
The 60 Minute Kids Club is a unique activation program designed to support the development of physical literacy & health strategies. The program consists of two tools that track, record & report 1) healthy behaviours & 2) fundamental movement skills for kids 5-12 years old.
What: The 60 Minute Kids Club is a unique activation program designed to support the development of physical literacy & health strategies. The program consists of two tools that track, record, & report 1) healthy behaviours & 2) fundamental movement skills for kids 5-12 years old.
Here is a link to see what the kids club looks like in schools.
Who: Normally reserved for schools, we’ve arranged for the Kids Club to open registration to include participation as a family, school, team, club, or organization FREE OF CHARGE. When registering, just remember your school is Softball BC.
When: There will be two 30-day program rollouts you can participate in.
- April 1-30 2020
- May 1-31 2020
Where: Using technology for good! The program is available to those who wish to participate on-line. While the format will differ from the traditional school challenge format of the past ten years, the trackers can still help families establish/maintain healthy habits. As well families can earn how to develop proper movement skills which are an essential component in supporting the development of physical literacy.
- Watch the 60MKC Launch Video to understand the program the ‘why’
- Click on the registration link and follow the instructions
- If you are a family that is not connected to a school, club, or organization – type Softball BC and register there.
- Can’t find it? Contact us for support!
- Each night, before the kids go to bed, log in to the platform with your password & username) and track your healthy habits. At the younger ages, doing this together will increase the likelihood of completion
- You get to choose how often to track: every day, every other day or only weekdays. It’s your preference. This experience is all about you vs you. You’re not being compared to anyone else.
- The fundamental movement skills can help you learn the basic skills you will need to be successful in movement, sport and life! Work as a team to assess where you are across the fundamental movement skills proficiency, watch the 2-minute video for each skill and then JUST GO PLAY! Put these skills into free-play-practice.
- At the end of the month, we will highlight some of the great performances from each organization.
- Parents: We’ve got something for you too. A free @ home healthy habits manual for you to access if / when & where you see fit. Recommendations, training plans and 30 days of healthy recipes from the Kids Club partners.
Additional FREE Resources.
- Learn about Physical Literacy
- Learn about Fundamental Movement Skills
- 60Minkidsclub @ Home Guide for parents
Together, we can keep the kids engaged in an activity that promotes physical and mental well being during times of crisis. If you have questions about the platform/process, please direct them to our 60Minkidsclub partners email@example.com