To become Competition – Introduction Certified, a coach must complete the following:
- Attend a Competition – Introduction Weekend #1 Clinic
- Complete the Making Ethical Decisions Online Evaluation – Competition – Introduction
- Attend a Competition – Introduction Weekend #2 Clinic
- Submit Softball Canada Regional Coach Portfolio to Softball BC’s Program Coordinator and pay the fee of $150 to Softball BC.
- Schedule an on-field evaluation with Softball BC Evaluator.
- Complete and submit a Practice Plan and Section A to the Evaluator prior to scheduled on-field evaluation.
- Receive an On-field Evaluation from Softball BC Evaluator
- Follow up with the Program Coordinator to confirm all documents were received and the event was approved in The Locker by Softball BC, Softball Canada, and the Coaching Association of Canada.
- Information Sheet for Competition Introduction Certification Process
- Competition-Introduction Coach Portfolio (2019)
- On-Field Evaluation – Section A for Coaches
- Competition-Introduction Evaluation Tool
Please contact Jackie Desilets, Softball BC’s Program Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to become Competition – Introduction Certified or if you have any questions concerning the process outlined above!