Minor Development Fund Travel Program Grant
Purpose: The Minor Development Fund Travel Program Grant is to provide partial funding to assist minor fastball teams travelling to Softball BC Provincial Championships throughout the province. (one application per team) Minor Development Fund Travel Grant
MINOR DEVELOPMENT FUND GUIDELINES (established 1991 - updated January 2023)
The Minor Development Fund was established by the minor representatives to carry out the following Mission and Vision Statements:
To financially assist districts and associations and ultimately players and coaches throughout the province of BC in the development of the sport of softball/fastpitch.
To develop minor players and coaches that are registered members of Softball BC.
1. The Minor Development Fund shall hereafter be referred to as the “Fund” and the Minor Development Fund Committee shall hereafter be referred to as the “Committee”.
2. The Softball BC Board of Directors must ratify all Fund expenditures.
3. The signing officers of the Fund shall include the Minor Director AND any one the following:
a. One of two Minor Coordinators appointed by the Minor Director, or;
b. The President of Softball BC in the event that either of the appointed Minor Coordinators is not available.
4. The Committee shall consist of the Minor Director and one elected representative from each of the following areas of the province
a. Districts 1, 2 & 3 hereinafter referred to as Area A
b. Districts 4, 5, 6 & 15 hereinafter referred to as Area B
c. Districts 7, 8 & 14 hereinafter referred to as Area C
d. Districts 9, 10 & 11 hereinafter referred to as Area D
e. Districts 12 & 13 hereinafter referred to as Area E
5. Elections for representatives in Areas A, C & E shall take place in even numbered years and elections for representative in Areas B & D shall take place in odd numbered years.
6. The Minor membership shall submit nominations to the Minor Director for the Committee representatives from their respective areas, sixty (60) days prior to the date of the Softball BC AGM.
7. Any elected Committee representative who is unable or unwilling to perform the duties expected of them, may be replaced by the Minor Director. Where in any area a nominee for election cannot be found, the Minor Director shall appoint one of the Minor Coordinators from that area. In either case such appointment shall expire at the date of the next Softball BC AGM and an election for a representative from the affected area shall, whether it is the appropriate election year for that area of not, be carried out as if it was an appropriate election year from that area.
8. On an annual basis following the election of Committee representatives in a given year, the Committee shall meet at the respective Softball BC AGM and shall select
a chairperson from their peers.
9. Motions, including budgets, relating to the allocation of monies collected by the Fund, may be made by any Committee representative and/or any Minor member or representative in good standing with Softball BC. Such motions and budgets shall be submitted to the Committee chairperson thirty (30) days prior to the date of the Softball BC AGM.
10. All funds collected during a particular year shall be expended or allocated by the Committee by May 31st of the following year or funds not allocated will be carried over to the following year.
11. All Committee expenses shall be submitted to the Committee chairperson for review and recommendation, which shall then be forwarded to the Minor Director for ratification and approval.
12. The Committee chairperson shall submit a written annual report to the Softball BC Board of Directors, the Minor Director of Softball BC, all District Minor Coordinators and the membership at the Minor Meeting of the Softball BC AGM.